Sunday, August 05, 2012

Yay! Nice Weather!!


After nearly a month of 100+ and at least a week of 110+... We got to enjoy the back yard today!
It has been SO freaking hot since we moved that I honestly haven't even walked into the backyard more than a couple of times, and then only long enough to take a couple of photos. Today it only got into the 90's and it was AWESOME.

Most of our backyard is shaded, and a couple of the trees have lost most of their leave from the drought:( The boys raked up a huge pile of leaves today. HUGE. Patrick is a little freaked out that those trees are going to die if we don't get some rain. He's been watering them a lot (I do NOT look forward to seeing our water bill), but they are looking pretty peaked.
The view from our backdoor to one area of our yard.  Jaedin is out there raking leaves.

Yet another view from that same doorway!  Kainan is raking up leaves as well.

And Paris, who just did her job inside is on the phone with our Avon representative, since she just signed up to sell Avon yesterday!

And that is the back door I was just standing at:)
We brought our few house plants outside for some nice sunshine.  I got the plants off of the discount rack and they were looking pretty... sick.  They perked up by this evening, though, after being repotted and sprayed liberally throughout the day.

We got these Mahogany shelves from one of Patrick's customers because they were just throwing them out.  They work perfectly for our bulk goods, and there is room for the laundry baskets and our 50# tub of coconut oil AND our 35# bucket of all natural peanut butter underneath!  Patrick got the nifty little broom holder at a garage sale.  I would feel really decadent... IF there wasn't duct tape over the doorknob hole, since that particular doorknob didn't work when we moved in:)


And today, we begin with putting in the old vintage stove!

The final pile of leaves.  Remember, people.  Its the beginning of August!  This is just most of the pile mainly from ONE tree:(

My amazing view from my kitchen, through the back patio doors!

I love my new house!

Have you been doing any home repair/updates to your house this summer... or just taking a break?  I love redecorating... or rather, I love planning redecorating projects.  I don't actually care much for all of the ACTUAL work.  

SNEAK PEEK:  The Kitchen!