Friday, July 27, 2012

Welcome to Our New Home: The Living Room

Welcome to Our New Home:  The Living Room

Ta Da!!!

The living room is my favorite room in this house (at least until my kitchen is done:)
It is so OPEN and there is a sky light.  

We bought a new sectional sofa at a furniture store 'Going Out of Business' sale.  It was $483.00 with tax (that's exactly how much cash my husband had in his pocket, and what he finally offered them after they tried to sell it to him for $900.00)

I painted the north and west wall teal, as well as the hallway ceiling (omg, popcorn ceilings are SUCH a HUGE pain to paint!!  I will never ever ever do that again.)
I LOVE the interesting angles in this room!
Somebody else is going to have to paint that top part, because I hate being up that high!  I got ALMOST to the edge.  That is our messy kitchen there in the background.

Then it dried REALLY dark. 

 The room is just not very well lit.  When I painted my table top this SAME COLOR, it looks like this in the sun:
I literally went back in the house with the can of paint and held it up to the wall to make sure that I had actually used the right can of paint!

Still, I didn't like the solid dark wall, so I added some lighter paint on the bottom, and slowly worked it up to the darker color on the top.  I like this MUCH better!

I'll be hanging our huge mirror on this wall, so it reflects some of the green from the front room.

I really need to work on some artwork for this wall.  Patrick is going to build me some custom designed shelves for this big white wall, which will stay white EXCEPT for a cool mural of some sort that we will turn into a giant wall clock and, of course, the shelves.  

I'm excited for that!  He'll also be building in his speakers/sound system stuff that he collected when he was doing custom home theaters full time.  There will be a pull down screen for our projector built in at the top of the shelves.
This is the view from the kitchen.

My obnoxious children kept jumping into every shot I took today.  It became a game:)


OH!  And the hallway ceiling goes from the living room to the end of the hall where it meets up with our colorful doors!  I LOVE IT SO MUCH!  *We still have four more doors to paint yet*


If you can't tell, I LOVE lots of bright colors:)  What is your decorating style???  Am I the only colorful person out there???  And WHERE can I go to find a very specific shade of pink?  I'm not finding the color I want ANYWHERE!!