Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Two Toned Pink & Brown Deck

If you've been reading much of anything I write, you probably have a clue that I like color. Lots of color.  Bright colors, unusual colors, whatever...

We this weekend, we finished our deck.  Last week Patrick and the boys finished power washing it, and it made SUCH a difference, I couldn't believe it!


Patrick looked everywhere for stain for me, but we couldn't find any "interesting" colors in stain without paying 4 times as much as for a 'natural' color.  Our budget doesn't allow for spending even 2 x for my oddity, so he went ahead and got brown stain and started on the top level...

Then I decided that although it definitely looked "nice"... it just looked too... normal.  I had to try something. So, I took the pink paint from my kitchen (exterior paint) and watered it down and used that as a 'stain'...


I am THRILLED with our new deck.  I LOVE it!  The pink is colorful, and it just makes me smile every time I walk outside.  We had a party Saturday night and hung out on the deck in what was quite possibly the most perfect 'sit on the deck' weather ever.  Yay!


Whoo Hoo!!!  Happy dance!  I have a colorful deck!  Yay!