Friday, July 13, 2012

MOVING!!!

Happy, colorful tiles for my soon to be new kitchen!

I've been keeping myself somewhat occupied with home decor projects for the new house, garage sale shopping and whatnot, but this closing process has been an emotional rollercoaster, including the somewhat nauseating feeling that I always get when I reach the very top of a really big hill.  Being bipolar already, these major spikes of endorphins or whatever you want to call it are scary as hell.

After weeks of stress and delays caused mostly by our woefully inept mortgage company, run, presumably by poorly trained monkeys, we are scheduled to close today at 2:00. (On that note:  I do NOT recommend finding a lender on lendingtree.com)

The accumulated stress had me literally in a sobbing mess for a couple of hours yesterday... and the rest of the day resulted in me feeling shaky and sick from the major adrenaline crash.  I couldn't sleep last night and my nose is alternating between stuffy/runny this morning, with major waves of nausea from no sleep.

My dad is here visiting.  In theory, he was here to help us build custom bunks for our girls, but since we closed almost two weeks late, he was just here for a visit where we had a bunch of stressed out people and nearly everything packed away.  I'm hoping that this visit doesn't scare him away for good!

It's ALMOST here!  We'll have our new home, our glorious yard, and perhaps even a pool soon for the kids.  By September we hope to have a full out raised puppet stage built in our garage, where we can film new episodes of Bean's Monkey Business Children's Web Series and hopefully start generating some real interest.

I printed out a list with the kids' assignments for the day, so hopefully, by this time tomorrow, we will all be up and unpacking sleeping soundly in our new home!

I packed up my newly alcohol ink stained tiles this morning... 



Stay Tuned for our Home Decorating and DIY home projects!