Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Works in Progress: Kitchen Table, Glitter Floor, Colorful Walls and More!

Elephant was NOT happy to be woken up.
Someone thought it was a good idea to paint the sidewalk leading to our house with this horribly tacky "Faux Stone" look... big on the faux.  Ugh.  I will have to repaint this with something soon because it is such an eyesore to me.  Plus, I REALLY don't want people thinking I did it on purpose myself!

So, I don't really have any FINISHED projects to show you yet.  I did an ombre style wall in the living room that I love, but its too dar now to take photos.  I need to get some hardcore lighting for this house.

The fixtures that are already here are horrendous.  I mean, seriously... who DOES this?

And there is a dual one in the entry way and there was a single one in the hallway (that one has already gone bye bye!)

And the one in our bedroom is even worse.  I know its hard to see, but that shiny fake gold, the horribly tacky fluted glass shades... *shudder*  We will be removing the whole thing because we're actually going to build our bed in... kind of an enclosed 'bunk' for us.  When we lived in the bus, we LOVED our little enclosed bedroom.  I can't wait until that's done!


Our poor kitchen table was SO destroyed with paint spills, burned spots, warped and water stained spots, it needed a new finish.  I'm painting the top to match the living room walls, then I'm going to tape off a design and paint it all black and finish it with a glossy clear coat.


We're redoing Paris' floor.  This is the third try... and I think this one is going to work!  I'll have a blog post up once its finished with all of the process, including what didn't work, and what did!

Wow. Good customer service. Last week Patrick went to Lowes and asked for advice on flooring for Paris' room. (He needed to put down another layer of cement so that we can smooth her floor for glitter). An employee recommended something that turned out to be the wrong thing. Even though he had already opened 2 of the 3 bags, they took them back and refunded his money because he got the wrong advice at their store. Awesome. Thank you, Lowe's Home Improvement for correcting a mistake!

Paris is decoupaging The Avengers comic book pages to the cabinet doors in the kids bathroom.  This bathroom is going to be EPIC!!!

I went shopping with my 17 year old son today.  He was taking me out for my birthday, but when he saw these hot pink things for his room... he was in love.  He shares a room with his brother who doesn't care about color at all, so their room is going to be Kainan's favorite color:  Hot Pink (and silver and black)


Here is my little boy painting the first pink wall: