Thursday, December 18, 2003

DVD Collection

Dh and I were talking last night about how we want to start a good DVD collection before we head out again. (I want one NOW!!:) We love sitting down to veg-out in front of a good, funny (usually mindless) comedy at night... esp during and right after a rally as we are both so drained!

Last year we picked up a bunch of videos at pawn shops basically because they were $2.00... and DVD's rarely were less than $7.00. This year we would like to have an "entertainment" budget ~ mainly to spend on DVD's (since we rarely get to actually go OUT to a movies anyway since we don't have a sitter) both for the whole family, and "grown up" ones for us to watch in our room after the kids go to bed. DVD's are better with our tight amount of space anyway ~ since they take up about 1/10th the amount of room (or less) Plus we really love the extras ~ yes, we actually seem to watch almost every extra on every DVD we own. As a matter of fact, the other night I was SO desperate for something to watch (having just watched the entire first four seasons of "Friends" again for the third time on DVD) that we watched "Monsters Inc" with the commentary ~ without the kids ~ and it was really interesting!:) But yeah, I think I need to add to our collection.

So... now I'm on the hunt for good deals and starting a wish list... Ya know how it is, when you watch previews and want to see this or that ~ but when it comes time to actually buy/rent something, you can't remember? That's me right now! I know I'd like to get some Shirley Temple DVD's for the family viewing (Abyni absolutely LOVES imitating her singing and dancing... to cute:)

Anyway ~ I need to make french bread this morning. I made lasagna last night, but just couldn't eat it without having some french bread too ~ what's the point?:) I guess I had best get myself in gear and get things done this morning...

Byn