Tuesday, December 16, 2003

My Daughter's Poem for me...

My Best Friend
by Sprite Always

My best friends who most people think are Kirsty and Kerra
Are not really my best friends at all.
Now, they are great friends, and I know this is true.
For we know each other so well we can read each others' minds
and Think each others' thoughts.

But my most best friend is someone so special
The most special person in the world that I know.
Her name is Byn Always,
And I know this is true,
For she is my mother,
A very awesome one too.
For she does many awesome things for me,
like cooking, homeschooling for me.
Like saying prayers when I have bad dreams,
Like helping me when I've got something hard,
Like buying me clothes and on special days CDs,
All I've got to do is say "please."

She wants to make me happy,
Even when we fight,
and supporting me in all I do,
Like Missions trip, COG classes too.
She takes me to really cool places
Like New York and the Zoo.

She gives me really cool birthday parties,
This year with more friends.
I'll never forget the fun things we did
Like taking pictures and singing songs.

And this is why my best friend is my mother,
the most special, most wonderful, most remarkable person ever.

Now mother I'm giving you this poem,
Iand I hope you enjoy,
For now you can see,
Just how good you are to me.

I love you Mom!

Christmas 2003
Sprite Always

***Oh my Lord... I almost cried when she read it to me. Not that "I" think I'm that wonderful, but boy is it nice to see that she really apprecates all that I at least try to do.

I video taped her reading it to me too:)