Monday, June 25, 2012

The Kids are All at Camp! Mommy Break Time!!!

So yesterday the last two of my kids left for camp.  Kainan left for Iowa and Camp Grandma.  Jaedin left for  a state camp Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation about 4 hours away.

Patrick took Jaedin to camp yesterday, and said that when they got really close, Jaedin started fidgeting and said, "Well, I'm just realizing that this is the first time that I'm going somewhere all by myself.  No siblings, no phone, no parents... and I'm really far away."

They finally arrived after driving 3 of the 4 hours with no A/C (yuck!)

The camp sounds like it was custom made for Jaedin, and Patrick said that the group of kids sitting in the orientation room looked like Jaedin clones.  I don't know if that means they looked like nerds, science geeks or stereotypical rednecks.  Jaedin sometimes encompasses all of the above:)

These are the things he gets to do:

What will you learn?


youth camp participants shooting rifles
youth camp participant on the ropes course
Rifle/Shotgun Training
Muzzleloading
Ropes and Rappelling 
Wildlife Identification
 
youth camp with target and arrows
Archery
Turkey hunting, management & enforcement
Waterfowl hunting, management and enforcement
Fishing
Swimming
Wildlife Law Enforcement
Self Defense
Fisheries Management 

Yeah, I think he'll be just fine.  That is basically a list of all of his favorite things to do!  I guess I hadn't thought about the fact that it would be his first solo venture.  My kids have pretty much always done things like this together.  We traveled the country together, they go to Camp Grandma each year together... this was the first thing that happened to come up that was very Jaedin specific.  We are very happy that he got the opportunity!

Meanwhile, I'm on a MOMMY VACATION!

I'm working on art and home decor projects for the new house!  I can't wait to show you the things I come up with.  We've set up themes for the kids rooms and I'm working on making things for their rooms.  I really want to make some chalkboard paint, too... I keep forgetting to get the stuff for it!
Do your kids ever leave all at the same time?  What do you do during your free time?

Other than painting stuff, I have to finish packing because we CLOSE ON OUR HOUSE in 3-4 days!