Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vintage Stove Find and MORE Projects Coming Soon!

Yesterday Patrick and I hit the Habitat for Humanity Restore to buy some tiles for cheap for my ink staining project.  I had ordered my pink and purple alcohol ink staining supplies online and wanted the tiles to be here, ready to go when my shipment came in.

We were there, moseying around when my husband came upon this gem:

Ahhh!!!  It is a vintage stove!!!
It is a Tappan Deluxe, although we haven't found exactly what year it was made, its from somewhere around the 1950's.  How cool is that???

Oh, and the BEST part?  It was only $75.00!!!

There was another one (also for $75.00) that had a double oven, but it needed a lot more work, so we left it behind. 

This morning my husband texts me and says, "Wait, see if they still have that other oven, too."

I knew he'd do that... he was regretting not getting that one ever since we left the store.  I think we're going to end up with two vintage stoves in our house.  One will be a work in progress in the garage, but still... $75.00 and if we can't get it up and working, we can sell it for parts for more than $75.00, so its still a good investment.

This stove, with double ovens would be a much more realistic fit for our family of 6:

We also bought supplies so that I could stretch some canvas and make some paintings for the new house.  If I get my packing done, I will start with that tonight.  I am SO excited!!!

Inspiration for the boys room:

I want to do a painting similar to this in colors that coordinate with the room... one for The Avengers and Possibly The Hunger Games that both of my sons love.
Source: etsy.com via Byn on Pinterest

The Color Scheme for their room, Silver, Aqua/Teal, white & some black.
Source: bhg.com via Byn on Pinterest

I definitely want to make a word using these letters!!!  Not sure what they'll want.  Probably "Awesome":)




Source: vippins.com via Byn on Pinterest




I would also like to find some corrugated roofing for one or part of the walls.  Anyone have any clue where to get that without spending a huge fortune?

And some fun quotes from their favorite shows, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Friends and  favorite movie quotes.


I found it fairly difficult to figure out the decorating for the boys' room.  Thankfully, Paris was a big help because the boys weren't sure what they wanted!  I think it is going to turn out looking just amazing.









Source: roomzaar.com via Byn on Pinterest





Source: vitamin-ha.com via Byn on Pinterest